FAQ & Useful information
FAQ & Useful information
Location of the castle hotel
Where is the castle hotel located?
- The Contessa Castle hotel is located in Szilvásvárad, only 25 km from Eger and 160 km from Budapest. Located in the North Bükk, Heves County is a popular and popular hike site, it is located at an altitude of about 345 meters above sea level.
The neo-baroque castle hotel, which dates back hundreds of years, is located in a nearly 7-hectare primeval park
How can we approach the castle hotel?
- Szilvasvarad and the La Contessa Castle Hotel are easily accessible by car, with direct bus service to Budapest, Miskolc and Szeged. By train can be approached from Eger.
By road on the M3 highway, then on the M25 highway, crossing the city of Eger, finally on the 25 road you can get to Szilvasvarad.
By bus: you can get to Szilvasvarad directly by bus from Budapest Nepstadion bus station, but also by transfer from Eger. Arriving at the village you must get off at the Miskolci Road 28. bus stop.
By train, Szilvasvarad railway station lies on the Fuzesabony – Eger – Szilvasvarad railway line. Interregional services run hourly between Eger and Budapest modern low-floor „Flirt” trains with no need to buy an express train replacement ticket. In addition, the development of bus and coach timetables connected to the railway has also been implemented.
How is the Castle Hotel Operate?
- The hotel operates all year round with a 24 -hour reception service
How can you book a room?
By phone Tel. +36 36 564 064 we can only respond to inquiries. The actual booking can be made in writing, on our own website www.lacontessa.hu, through our room reservation system or by email, email@example.com.
Arrival and departure
What time is check in?
- The room can be occupied from 14:00 on the day of arrival.
Can I check in before 14:00?
- In the event of an earlier arrival we can provide a luggage room to our guests ( depending on the previous day’s occupancy, the rooms may be available earlier, but this will only be finally revealed on the day of arrival.). Early check-in is possible from 12:00 and costs 4.000,-HUF / room
What happens if I don’t arrive at the time that I booked?
- If the guest does not arrive on the day of arrival or is not available by phone or e-mail, the hotel is entitled to resell the occupied room. According to the Terms and Conditions, the hotel may be eligible for a penalty of 1 night fee.
Can I leave the hotel before my check out date?
- In the case of accommodation services, if the guest permanently leaves the La Contessa Castle Hotel before the end of the specified period, the hotel is entitled to the full consideration for the service depending on occupancy, unless otherwise agreed. If the rooms vacated before the expiration of the specified period, the hotel is entitled to resell the room or rooms.
At Check out, when do I need to leave the room?
- When travelling, please leave your rooms by 11. o’clock and hand in your room card
Is it possible to leave the room later?
- In the event of a later departure, the hotel can provide a package preservation. Depending on daily occupation, it is possible to check out from the room late, but this is only permanently discovered on the day of departure. The price of late check-out is 8.000,-HUF / room, which allows you to stay until 16:00 pm.
Do I have to leave the hotel grounds after checking out?
- After setteling your room bill and submitting your room cards, you do not need to leave the hotel area immediately. Guests can use the wellness area on the day of check-out until 15:00 without charge. At the Erzsebet Restaurant, Cyrano Bar / Beach Bar you can have drinks or food a’la carte style. In our Szalajka Event Center, you can use it at the prices shown for internal guests.
Is there an opportunity to extend your stay?
- We provide our guests with the opportunity to extend their stay, the prior consent of the hotel is required to initiate it. In this case, the hotel can stipulate the reimbursement of the fee for the already performed service, and the consideration for the extension must also be paid.
How are the hotel rooms equipped?
The 80 rooms of the La Contessa Castle Hotel are spread over 2 buildings, the Castle building and the Manor house just 100 metres away. Passage between the two buildings is provided through the park between them.
Rooms in the castle ( 45 rooms on 3 levels): there are 8 rooms on the ground floor, 21 on the first floor and 16 in the mansard of the castle, all equipped with minibar and coffee – tea making station. At the top level our rooms are especially romantic with little round windows.
Basic equipment: elegant Italian furniture, colorful LCD television, laptop -sized safe, minibar, telephone, internet connection, shower bathroom, hairdryer, toiletries, cosmetic mirror, bathrobe.
Standard room: room size 16-22 m2, capacity Max. 2 persons- no extra beds available,
Superior room: room size 22-30 m2, capacity Max. 3 persons (2 + 1 persons on extra bed), extra equipment: own Finnish sauna.
De luxe room: room size 35 m2, capacity Max. 3 persons (2 + 1 persons on extra bed), extra equipment: own Finnish sauna, coffee machine
Alexander suite: room size 56 m2, capacity max. 3 people (2 +1 person on extra bed), Extra equipment: separate airspace living room and bedroom, King-sized bed and seating area in the bedroom, hydromassage bathtub, own Finnish sauna, coffee machine
Rooms in the Manor house ( 35 rooms on 4 levels): our manor house complements the building of the castle well, keeping the usual high standard and elegance, meaning the furnishing and equipment of the rooms. The main attraction of the manor house, located 100 m from the main building, lies in the spacious public spaces and the beautiful panoramic view. Rooms are: 4 on the basement level, 8 on the lover ground floor, 13 on the ground floor and 10 on the first floor.
Basic equipment: elegant Italian furniture, colorful LCD television, laptop -sized safe, minibar, telephone, internet connection, shower bathroom, hairdryer, toiletries, cosmetic mirror, bathrobe, coffe and tea making facility,
Standard room: room size 25 m2, capacity 2 persons – extra bed for kids available, 8 pet-friendly rooms
Classic room: room size 31-40 m2, capacity Max. 3 persons ( 2 +1 persons on extra bed)
De luxe room: room size 44 m2, capacity Max. 3 persons ( 2+ 1 persons on extra bed), extra equipment: own infrared sauna, coffee machine
Junior suite: room size 88 m2, capacity Max. 4 persons ( 2 + 2 persons on extra bed) corner bath, own infrared sauna, coffee machine, built-in balcony with garden furniture, king sized bed.
Suite: room size 168 m2, capacity Max. 4 persons ( 2+ 2 persons, in 2 separate bedrooms) Extra equipment: in separate airspace one living room and two bedrooms, king sized bed, circle tub, own infrared sauna, coffee and tea making facilities, private 50 m2 panoramic terrace with garden furniture set, outdoor heated jacuzzi.
What kind of bed is in the rooms?
The beds are usually side-by-side and are waiting for our guests as a double bed. However, upon guest request, the beds can be pulled apart.
Is there an elevator in the hotel?
Both in the castle building and in the manor house there are 1-1 elevators, so all rooms of the hotel can be reached by elevator.
What service do room rates contain?
- Accommodation in one of the rooms with elegant Italian furniture in the castle or manour house building
- Plentiful buffet breakfast , Rich buffet dinner* with varied dishes in our elegant Erzsebet restaurant
- Bathroom toiletries
- Daily tea and coffee making facilities in the room
- Free wifi
- Unlimited use of the wellness department:
- 93 m2 indoor swimming pool with tensioned water surface with experience elements and bubble bed ( 27 C )
- outdor swimming pool in summer period
- Finnish- (80-90 C) and organic sauna ( 40-50 C), aroma cabin (50-60 C)
- experience showers
- traditional Turkish steam ( max. 50 C )
- Separate bath sheet, sauna sheet provided in the wellness department
What additional services can I use at the hotel?
Sports programs: Bowling, Squash, Billiards. Opening hours 14:00-22:00 hours, Reservation at Erzsebet Restaurant
Wellness: massage, solarium, hydroMassage bath. Opening hours from 10:00 to 20:00 hours and in the summer until 21:00 hours. Reservation at wellness reception.
General: champagne preparation, romantic preparation, aristocratic afternoon tea, bon-bon preparing.
What other services is the hotel suitable for?
In addition to the accommodation service, you can also use the following services at the La Contessa Castle Hotel:
- Event, Conference, Meeting, Team Building
- Wellness service
- Electric car charging
- Eating and drink service
- On -site service for photography
Is there parking?
- We provide parking in our closed parking lot on the grounds of the castle, the price of which is HUF 1,270 per night
24 -hour reception?
- Yes, our reception at the disposal of guests at 24 hours
Do you have internet access at the hotel?
- Free WiFi in community spaces and rooms
Can pets be brought to your hotel?
- We cannot receive pets in the Castle building, but special animal -friendly rooms were set up in our Manor house. From our standard rooms we have turned 8 rooms into animal-friendly rooms, which have a design pvc floor covering. Small dogs, cats are allowed in the room for a fee – 5.000,-HUF / pet / night, without treatment – but with them the common spaces can not be visited. Please inform our hotel when booking if you are arriving with a pet. We can provide an animal friendly room, depending on free capacity.
Can you smoke in rooms?
- Our hotel rooms and restaurant are non-smoking, smoking is only possible in the hotel’s garden and on the terrace of the beach bar.
What are the options for celebrating birthdays and anniversaries?
- We are happy to help you in the surprise with cakes prepared in the hotel’s own confectionery, champagne or greeting card preparation, comfit /bonbon/, or flower ordering!
Does the hotel provide a bathrobe and towel for its guests?
- Bathrobe provision is a basic service for all types of rooms. We provide separate towels for the use of the wellness department, which our guests can pick up at the wellness reception every day.
What tools are provided to your child?
- The babies have a baby bed, a bathtub and a high chair at the restaurant. Please predict the need for baby bed when booking!
- Children have an extra bed and a child robe. Please predict the need for extra bed when booking!
- Our hotel does not have a playground, playroom, baby corner, childcare, or children’s programs. There is no children’s section in our wellness department
Booking process, advance payment terms
Booking Process through the hotel’s website.
- You can book a room online on the website under the „Booking at the best price” menu. Furthermore, you can choose from various seasonal or special period package offers under the „Package offers” menu item on the website. On the website you can choose the time of arrival and departure, as well as the number of rooms and persons on the interface. Once the room is selected, you will arrive on the Extra Services interface where you can choose from personalized massage, sports and extra services.
The data entry interface contains the amount of the deposit to be paid, which is the amount equal to 50% of the booked room price.
Click the” Finalise Reservation” button to create an order with payment obligation.
- To pay the advance, you can choose from the following payment methods during the order process on the website, immediate credit card payment, bank transfer, Szechenyi card transfer.
What should I do if I have a question or want to change my reservation?
- Please always refer to the booking number, find us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone + 36 30 335 6194, + 36 36 364 064
Terms of cancellation
Cancellation conditions for individual guests
- You are free to cancel or modify your booking 7 days before your arrival date ( according to prices at the time of the modification date.).
If a reservation is changed within 7 days of arrival, the change fee is HUF 10,000.-HUF
Within 7 days, but 2 days before arrival, in case of cancellation the advance payment of 50% will be charged as a failure penalty.
Within 2 days prior to arrival in case of cancellation or in case of no show, the total amount of the reservation will be charged as a failure penalty, which the customer is required to pay to the hotel. In case of cancellation of a voucher, the amount of the voucher will not be refunded.